Implement and monitor register service policies in order to provide services to citizens and companies in different business areas: civil identification, civil register, land register, commercial register, movable property register, nationality and register of legal persons, also ensuring regulation, control and oversight of activities of notaries.
- Trust: Ensure legal certainty in register and civil identification areas.
- Accuracy: Adopt high professional standards to safeguard legality, so as to guarantee reliability in register acts.
- Proximity: Ensure the existence of a local service network and promote the development of interpersonal technology applications enabling interaction with users, based on a ‘anytime’ and ‘anywhere’ system.
- Innovation: Promote public service modernisation by making greater use of new information technologies. Strive for continuous improvement through the implementation of methods and technologies maximising new services and products, which constitute original and groundbreaking solutions.
- Development of human, financial and material resources: improving internal efficiency and reducing public expenditure by, inter alia, reorganising the register service network and optimising financial flow management. Human resource reclassification, through continuous training in order to ensure process continuous improvement aiming at the use of new information systems in register and financial areas.
- Cooperation and partnerships: Promote cooperation between Portuguese-speaking countries or national citizen communities, contributing to Portugal’s economic and cultural promotion, leveraging on synergies arising therefrom. Working in an integrated manner and fostering the involvement of national and international partners by establishing strategies and shared commitment in order to achieve targets and reinforce efficient and effective responses.